Before getting into the clothing of Umrah or wearing the ihram, it is sunnah to trim the nails, remove unnecessary hair, rinse your nose and mouth, take bath. If wash is not possible then wudu (ablution) will be sufficient. Wearing of ihram must be done before entering in Meeqaat. For male one piece of ihram cloth is tied around the waist and the other one thrown over the shoulders. For females they can wear their formal dress but with covering whole body and conceal the shape, while leaving their hands and face exposed.
* Both male and female must wear the flip flops sandal or hawai chappal so the middle bones of upper parts of the feet of pilgrim are uncovered
After wearing the ihram, pilgrim perform two rakaat nafil sunnatul ihram. In the first rakaat of salah recite Surah Kafiroon and in the second rakaat recite Surah Ikhlaas. After completing this salah, make the niyah (intention) of umrah, and recite the talbiyah three times in loud voice for males, and in subdued or softly for females.
Recite the following dua and make intention;
Allaahuma innee ureedul umrata fayssirhaalee wataqabbalhaa minnee
“Here I am, o Lord, here I am, You indeed
have no partner, here I am No Doubt,
all praise and bounties are yours,
and so is the absolute Domain.
You indeed have no partners, here i am”
Translation: ALLAH I seek your pleasure and jannah (paradise) and seek protection in you.
On reaching Makkah a person should find accommodation if they have not booked. It is mustahab to perform ghusl. Do not shave, do not use soap or any fragrance and also do not rub the body and head to avoid hair falling off you. After that enter into the Masjid-ul-Haram, it is preferable to enter through the door named "babus salaam".
* Pilgrim must enter with the right foot
* Recite Bismillah
* Recite durood-e-ibrahimi
* At the first sight of Holy Kaaba, pilgrim should fix his or her eye at Baitullah and it is also suggested to do the following
Proclaim Darud on our beloved Prophet (peace be upon him) and very humbly with tears supplicate to ALLAH for whatever you wish. This is special time for acceptance of prayers.
* You can also recite other verses. After this, while uttering talbiyah move to perform tawaaf of Holy Kaaba.
Start moving towards your right and doing tawaaf counter clockwise. For males the first three circuits (rounds) of tawaaf of Umrah are to be done at a brisk pace short steps with the chest out, this act is called ramal and its also a Sunnah. The remaining four rounds or circuits are to be done by male at a normal walking pace. Involve yourself in dua and the third kalma while doing tawaaf.
* The Hatim is a semi circular half build portion that was actually the part of Holy Kaaba but could not be included in the main structure when the Holy Kaaba was reconstruct. It is also mandatory to go around the Hatim while doing tawaaf.
* Every time you circle the Holy Kaabah touch the rukn yamani with your hands or the right hand, as this is mustahab, the fourth corner of Holy Kaaba is known as yamani corner. Pilgrim should not kiss or place their forehead against it. If you are not able to touch it, move on (without raising the hands). Every time you reach the Hajr-e-Aswad, if it is possible kiss it, or else while standing on the brown line pilgrim raise their right hand with palm facing the Hajr-e-Aswad.
* At Hajar-e-Aswad, Start second circuit by kissing it or pointing towards it as you started the first circuit,i.e., come in the front of Hajar-e-Aswad, raise both hands to your ears with open palms towars it and say: “Bismillahi Allahu Akbar Wa Lilla hil Hamd”
* Now kiss both palms and drop your hands.After this go around Ka’abah as you did before and similarly complete the seven circuits.
* Complete your tawaaf (seven rounds) in this manner.
There is not any fixed dua for each round. Pilgrim can recite anything to suit his or her personal needs.
* Dua between Hajr-e-Aswad and rukn-Yamni
Ther is a beautiful dua to read while walking between Hajr-e-Aswad and Rukn-Yamini
“Rabbana atina fid-dunya hasanatan wa fil-akhirati Hasanatan wa qina azabin-nar”
Our belover Prophet (peace be upon him) has repeatedly recited this supplicatio.The first circuit is complete when you reach Hajar-e-Aswad.
Your tawaaf will be completed after seven circuits.
* Now come to multazim (an area about five or six feet in length between the Holy Kaaba door and Hajr-e-Aswad), this is a highly sacred place so make dua to your hearts wish seeking ALLAH mercy and grace.
* Go behind and near the maqam-e-Ibraheem. If there is no space left behind the maqam-e-Ibraheem then any other place in the haram will be sufficient. Cover both shoulders and perform 2 rakat nafl salaah. If it is Zawal time than wait to pass that undesirable time.
* Now go downstairs towards the well of zam-zam and drink to your fill while in standing position. Before drinking say "bismillah".
* After Saaee, men must have to clipped or completely shave their head hairs. Whereas, women have to cut the slight portion of their hairs from bottom.
Let’s have a quick look on the summary of how to perform Umrah.
"All the flights and flight-inclusive holidays [in this brochure] [on this website - as
appropriate] are financially protected by the ATOL scheme. When you pay you
will be supplied with an ATOL Certificate. Please ask for it and check to ensure
that everything you booked (flights, hotels and other services) is listed on it.
Please see our booking conditions for further information or for more
information about financial protection and the ATOL Certificate go to:
All fares advertised are subject to availability and start from (Fr) the prices we have mentioned on our website. Fares are including taxes. Seats are available on the first-come, first-serve basis. Offers may be withdrawn without notice.